[Türkçe metin için comment’e bkz.]
This post is given as a immediate follow up to the post about the body of Glory it completes perfectly. These advices (found at the end of the ‘General principles of the Cosmic Philosophy’, Paris, Cosmic Publications. 1907) were given as a ‘ stepping stone and educative cultivation regimen’ to the members of the cosmic movement. It is for those who, like us, thirst for a practical higher knowledge, unbound, compassionate, offering its pure white light, as a lighthouse in the middle of the night, so to illuminate those who are in the narrow path where there are able to achieve the perfecting of their higher self.
1. Strengthen and maintain your body the best you can. It is of the greatest value for your individual perfection. It is the protective envelope of your other degrees of being, and it is only in the shelter of this envelope that these degrees may evolve in safety.
2. Beware of those who are teaching that the body is contemptible and that your future is in mysterious mortifications. The body is an integral part of your Self (ego). It is the earth and not any vague unknown heaven that is your dwelling and your heritage. The actual imperfection of man prevent him to realize the wonderful capacities it contains and that should make it a place of delight. But a time will come when these capacities will be achieved and we will see a new earth spring, on which man will evolve, without any restraints, all the formations towards the indefinite perfection.
3. Don’t let yourself be swayed, unconsciously or consciously by the idea of age and death. Stay young, stay strong and always keep an invincible will to live. Seek to extend your life up to the upmost possible, living a healthy life, following the rules of hygiene and above all, in striving to maintain your self in nervous balance.
4. To achieve this balance, self-discipline is needed. It is about to settle the passions, desires, chaotic impulses that are agitating us and to submit to the control of our higher self, not only our inward deeds (our thoughts) but also our outwards acts (our actions and spoken words). The nervous balance is the first condition to achieve for the prolongation of human life.
5. Stay calm, be patient. Don’t burn your life in ceaselessly desiring to be the day after today. The achievement of your conceptions and of your aspirations will come in due time and your sterile agitation wont make it happen, even one minute earlier. Patience is the most visible condition of balance.
6. Live simply, plainly. Avoid luxury that induces only vanity and pretention. Don’t make your self the slave of the so-called mundane habits, the puerility of which has no equal but the void they leave behind.
7. Let in your life a part for activity and a part for rest. Rest is mandatory for your personal evolution, because rest is the most excellent state for the reception of the life forces and their assimilation. The lack of rest is one of the most frequent cause of the nervous unbalance.
8. Avoid pride. Don’t seek to match yourself to those that are your superiors by the merits of intelligence. Equality doesn’t exist in nature. But every one has its function and its utility, as the synergy of all your limbs is required for the functioning of your body, like wise the synergy of all humans of good will is needed for the perfecting of the Universe.
9. Be sincere. Not of this relative sincerity that consist of not cheating our kind, but of this absolute sincerity that consist in not mistaking one self and to listen to the voice of your conscience.
10. Be humble. Not of this humility that doesn’t know itself, belittle itself and sacrifice itself uselessly by an overzealous excess, but of this humility that give the measure of our valor, without exalting and debasing it.
11. Be brave. Not of this courage that leads us to make crazy deeds to astonish our fellow, and that is one avatar of pride, but of this calm courage, reasoned, that consist in struggling with one self to submit under the control of the conscience and to comply our deeds with our convictions.
12. Be perseverant. Don’t let your self be rebuked by your first difficulties that you will meet in your interior evolvement. The path of perfection is some time bristled by obstacles that are coming only from our selves, from our selfishness, our laziness and our cowardice. Be perseverant, and each step forward will make the next one easier.
13. And finally, be charitable. Not of this charity that spread its strength to the expense of the first coming suffering and comes along with a lot of vain noisy words, being one manifestation of false sentimentality, but of this charity, scrupulous observer of other people’s legitimate rights, that assign to everybody what he deserves and of which the superior form is Justice.
14. Sincerity, Humility, Courage and Perseverance are the 4 pillars fixed on the base of Charity, on which lies the dome of knowledge that enshrines Wisdom’s treasure.
15. Don’t put your destiny in the hands of anyone. Be your own master and find only in your reason and your conscience the rules for your conduct.
16. Avoid putting your self in relation with beings from rarifications (realms) you don’t know, unless you are protected in hierarchical order. Without doubt, amongst these beings, not all of them are hostiles and many are of good will towards the earth and man. But generally you don’t have any mean to sort the good ones from the bad ones and the best for you is to avoid letting yourself in adventures where you may compromise your nervous and mental balance. Leave the gods in their heavens and only focus on the earth where the task you have to achieve is vast.
17. For the same reason, don’t summon the deceased. For the evocation of the deceased is always dangerous and condemnable. If it succeeds-which happens very scarcely in the conditions where those who are used to this practice called spiritualism operate-it is a violation of the law of Charity because it troubles the rest of those who suffered the separation of their nervo-physical level, and it can induce the most ominous consequences. If it fails, we expose ourselves most of the time to hostiles that will take the similitude of the deceased and due to this lie, will try to obsess us, to possess us and to seize an essential part of our life forces. The unhappy seer or medium, lost to himself, without any support and direction, without any protection, believes in providing to the beloved souls of our deceased the means of his manifestation. In reality, in his communications he only deals with hostiles that are cheating him, exhausting him and will wreck him. Here is the danger of spiritualism’s practices, that only lead to the nervous and mental unbalance of those who are following them.
18. Don’t worship any personal god. The worshiping of external divinities or beings that are beyond our normal range of perception is illegitimate and unacceptable.
19. Do not let anybody partake the role of a mediator between you and the Divine Origin. God is in you. What kind of worship, what prayer could match the rule of your self ? And this rule is the submission of all your being to the control of Divine Intelligence, which is the Light in our soul. Man’s paradise in not in the heavens. It is on the earth and it belongs to him and to him only ! To achieve it is possible for him, by the means of the perfecting of all the good will formations he is, by divine right, the ruler and legitimate evolver.
20. Any other cult is a schism and a breach against Divine Unity, that is clothed in and manifested by the totality of the existing formations. Restrain yourself from politics, customs and beliefs and only actualise in your being this creed, only worthy of the evolved man, the psycho-intellectual in which Divine Light has manifested:
The Self IS your God.
We and the Divinity that is inside us ARE ONE !
1.The picture is from an 1930’ish ex-libris of a Franky G. Miller found in Belle M. Wagner’s novel: ‘ Within the temple of Isis’, Astro-Philosophical Publishing co., Denver Colorado,1899. Henri and Belle Wagner were Max Theon ‘s long time associates , during the Hermetic Brotherhood of Luxor period.
2. It’s caption:’ ….You felt the scent of Resurrection‘…. is from the poem,’ Ena to helidoni’, ‘ one swallow’, written by Odysseas Elytis in his work, ‘To Axion Esti—It Is Worthy’ (Το Άξιον Εστί, 1959). More Here: